>> I suggested using Lazarus and the OP said he had great doubts because the
>> size of the exe of his test program is 10 times the size of that compiled by
>> Borland.
>
> Anyone who writes such texts doesn't look further than his nose.
> Experience shows they will just hit the next thing which makes Lazarus
> "unusable". Don't expect such idiots to become Lazarus users.

That is partly true. The problem is that setting -Xs doesn't help if there is
also -g in the
command line. So people think that the compiler strips the executable, but in
fact the binary is
unstripped.

The easiest way to solve this is with a check in Lazarus. When the strip
checkbox is checked a
note shall be shown and asked to disable the debuginfo to make the option work.

The real solution is what a lot of people already asked for. Multiple build
modes like Visual C++
also has.

Peter