Op Thu, 28 Feb 2008, schreef Micha Nelissen:

Daniël Mantione wrote:
To my knowledge there is no problem with the current implementation. Endian conversion is already the reponsibility of the programmer. Therefore I don't see a need for changes on the compiler side.

Jonas said the bits were swapped, not the bytes. So PPC32 (1 shl 30) becomes (1 shl 6) on Intel (actual), while it should be (1 shl 1) (expected use by compiler). It's both the "second bit", bit it's in different places.

Okay, but does this have impact on the discussion? I mean it makes manual endian conversion a bit more tricky (also need to swap bits around), but doesn't change the fact that you manually need to do endian conversion.

Daniël