Op Thu, 6 Nov 2008, schreef Graeme Geldenhuys:

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Henry Vermaak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
1) 'case' by string and type http://prismwiki.codegear.com/en/Case_(keyword)

Did you not know that this is supported in FPC (for some time now).
;-) And it's not just limited to ordinal or string types.... I'll
share my code. We have been using this for some time in our projects.
:-)

Example usage:

no, fpc only supports case of ordinal, enum and char types.  your
example just shows the most common way to get around that.

I know that!  You clearly missed the smiley face.  :-)

Another not-exact solution, supported in FPC since version 2.3 is:

type colour=(red,green,blue);

var s:string;
    c:colour;

begin