Jonas Maebe wrote:
On 04 May 2010, at 19:40, Vincent Snijders wrote:

I don't know where to add this exactly in this thread, but the win64 version of
Lazarus includes a native win64 version of the compiler. It is done because I
think that to make sure it can compile Lazarus correctly, it has to be able to
compile itself correct and create a running executable.

Why do you think that a cross-compiler would not be able to create a runnable lazarus or compiler
executable? (I'm not sure what the "itself" refers to in the above sentence) And in case
you mean the compiler: under which circumstances does lazarus try to recompile the fpc source tree?
(its makefiles or "build lazarus" commands at least don't do that, afaik)

I know I harp on this repeatedly, but I use linux-i386 to build applications (and lazarus itself) for i386-linux / i386-win32 / i386-darwin / powerpc-darwin. If you are getting broken executables then your toolchain is broken. Freepascal and Lazarus are both very capable of working in a cross compile environment.

Regards,
Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them