Hi Joost,
thanks for reply
4. http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=14944
This fix adds support for transactions in ODBCConnection

Adding transactions so close to a release is not a good idea, imho. It
could be added in trunk, though.
ok, no objections from me side
only to explain: ODBC works by default in auto-commit mode, and this behavior is not affected by fix so all remains as is. only when you supply to TODBCConnection.Params: 'Autocommit=false' or 'AutoCommit=0' you will switch to manual commit.
without this all works as before.

 But first run the testsuite with this
patch for at least mysql/mssql and firebird using odbc.

;-) please, no

5. http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=16885
This fix adds missing TOracleConnection.RowsAffected method

A regression-test has to be performed before this can be comitted.
(Needs an oracle setup)

Why do you think, that this patch can lead to problems, ATM RowsAffected is not implemented, so it always returns -1.
So nobody can use / rely on this value.
So I think, that provide some (untested) solution is better than nothing ... and we can wait for users feedback
(I do not have Oracle instaled, so I can not help, test)

6. http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=18699
This fixes Dialect 1 case

The question in the bug-report has to be answered.
answered

So even 4,5 and 6 are not that easy. (If they were, they were already
applied)
;-) ok

Thanks
Laco.