Sent: Wednesday, 6 April, 2011 05:34 AM
Subject: [fpc-devel] Compiler subfolders: i386, x86

Hello,

I have a little question about these subfolders in the compiler folder, they are called:

'i386' and 'x86'

What are these folders, they seem samiliar ?

(cpubase.pas seems to be missing from i386 instead there is an include file called cpubase.inc)

I'm a bit confused about these folders, what exactly are these ? Why are there two for what seems to be the same "platform" ?

Isn't i386 the same as x86 ?

Perhaps both folders are needed for 80386, 80486 and pentium targets ??? (win32?)

Bye,
 Skybuck.