On 13 May 2011, at 13:43, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

If I had my way, I would remove the existing ones alltogether.
The one use case they have in FPC sources could easily be remedied.

They were introduced for Mac Pascal compiler compatibility, and are used quite regularly in that context via command line definitions such as -dSomeMacro:=123

The Mac OS X universal interfaces would also need quite some rewriting to remove all macro usage. While most could probably be changed into either conditional defines or constants, I'm not certain whether that would work for all of them.

Jonas