On 09/07/2011 17:12, Chad Berchek wrote:
Wow, thanks for the insults guys. I didn't realize I was so stupid.

You missed my point too, BTW. According to the link given:

"A constant argument is passed by reference if its size is larger than a pointer."

So you always know what the size of a pointer is? If I have this record:

TMyRec = record
  I: Integer;
end;

Is that passed by value or ref? Is someone compiling on 32-bit or 64? You don't know, and neither does anyone. And that is my point about why having it defined is important.

Thanks for ignoring half of my mail. If it matters to write code depended on the rev/value question, use $IFDEF. I did point that out.

You did ask, if it was defined: it is defined. Full stop. You do not like the way it is defined, <and I stop the sentence here, for i do not know how to finish it without insult>