On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 9:58 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Umm.. I'm getting more and more interested in the Android platform.
> Maybe it's time I officially start working on a OpenGL backend for
> fpGUI. fpGUI would at least guarantee a small executable - at least
> compared to LCL.
>
> I'll be Google'ing some more tonight. :)

Just one hint: Android is a *lot* more then just drawing some
graphics. For example:

1> Virtual keyboard. There are dozens and dozens, even widespread
devices like Galaxy Tab come with non-standard keyboards, some of them
only for China, some only for Taiwan. The manufacturers always make
sure the standard widgets work fine with those keyboards, but custom
drawn toolkits have a really hard time keeping up. And you can't test
this with the emulator, you need 100+ devices to make sure it works
everywhere. I don't know what Qt did, but I bet it doesn't work with
half of the virtual keyboards out there.

2> Action completion. In standard apps you can for example click on a
video and complete the action with any installed video player, and
this requires access to the SDK which is only availabla from the Java
side or from the bindings which I built

3> Application lifecycle, also something different from other platforms

4> Orientation change, the app needs to respond to it. With standard
widgets it automagically works

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho