On 12/09/2011 22:16, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

Another wish: separation of debug info and debug code.

Currently I can't step into packages or FCL/RTL, without compiling these first for debugging. But doing so puts in all the debug code (output...), residing in the units. What I want is a dedicated option, that provides everything required to debug the entire application, without enabling special {$IFDEF DEBUG} code. Or did I simply miss something already existing?

I do not know if it helps. Never had an issue with any of those debug stuff you mention.

But how to you build fpc?

Maybe this will help?

make.exe all   OPT="-gl -gw -godwarfsets -O1 "