On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, Michael Schnell wrote:

On 10/03/2011 11:41 AM, michael.vancann...@wisa.be wrote:

Currently, hard work is being put in the unicode string and codepage string
routines in the RTL.

Do I understand correctly that this is the "New String" string handling (to be optionally, by default or exclusively used) ?

Yes.

Do I understand correctly, that with theses strings automatic conversion between different string encodinge (e.g. locale based ANSI <-> Unicode and UTF-8 <> UTF-16) is provided in the RTL ?

Yes. Each string will have a codepage identifier associated with it.
if, during an assign operation, a difference exists, a conversion will occur.
(there are of course some exceptions)