Am 28.02.2012 12:18, schrieb Marco van de Voort:
This was about a case where it was not character data.
And please don't wait until Delphi has made it or Delphi changed string
handling completely again which seems to be possible according a thread
with Allen Bauer in Embarcadero forum. And please implement it before
AnsiStrings can't be used for the purpose anymore.

If you care about the repeated addition stuff, you should probably be check
out tstringbuilder.  It is said to performance better with string
concatenation then ansistring.  I never use it though, but that is partially
also because currently I don't work much with character data.

Do we already have a TStringBuilder?