To: "FPC developers' list" <fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2012 5:49 AM
Subject: Re: [fpc-devel] Forwarded message about FPC status

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

Well, let me just say that the idea of two RTL's is rather ridiculous
too!!

It's not different from Delphi, where the introduction of UnicodeString required a renewed RTL, VCL and IDE. Who should do the same for FPC and Lazarus, and tell the users that they either have to stay with an old (frozen) Ansi release, or must upgrade all their code and component libraries to the new strings, RTL and LCL? IMO a typical loose-loose situation :-(

Anyway, I can see where this thread is heading... just another waist of
time. So I'll stop here.

Yeah

DoDi