Ludo Brands wrote:

Funny to see that all these fans of a strongly typed pascal prefer
Format() that is using variants, has an undetermined number of
parameters, doesn't give the compiler any opportunity to check the types
used and causes runtime errors when a wrong type or a wrong number of
parameters is passed ;)

Format has two parameters. OK, so the second one is a bit weird... :-)

Perhaps somebody would like to correct me, but I think that in the case of output messages Format() has the big advantage that the order of the placeholders in the string can be changed easily when messages are translated from one language to another.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk