On 6-2-2013 12:13, Henry Vermaak wrote:
What I'm trying to say with this (admittedly contrived) example is that when you are forced to read the docs to find out which functions you can use for converting numbers to strings, you'll probably discover functions like Format. At least in my case, the most useful tricks I learn come from reading the documentation for something, then exploring a bit. I apologise if I come across as overly cynical and I do appreciate Sven's work in the compiler! Henry

First of all,  a huge tnx to Sven.
And Henri: do you also oppose macro support? With that you can make Freepascal code look like anything.
And RT(X)M has never harmed anyone.. cynism intended ;) .