On 24.06.2013 16:44, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
I hope, now I understand that the type RawByteString ( = String
($FFFF) ) means "codesize = 1 Byte, never to be auto-converted to any
differently encoded String type variable.

No. Even if I would like such an encoding, too, Delphi doesn't implement
it.

But he is right. RawByteString is defined in unit system as AnsiString(CP_NONE) where CP_NONE is defined as $FFFF. This means that no conversions to or from a variable of this type are done (or any other AnsiString type that has code page $FFFF)