On 06/24/2013 12:43 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
I e.g. remember your strange (Delphi incompatible) opinions about RawByteString and encodings in a startup discussion.

Yep. As I did not have DTX to try it, I only read what I could find in the internet and supposedly got it wrong.

I hope, now I understand that the type RawByteString ( = String ($FFFF) ) means "codesize = 1 Byte, never to be auto-converted to any differently encoded String type variable.

I seem to understand that DXE does not provide a fully dynamic string type (e.g. to be used as a function parameter taking any String(x) type without auto-conversion. I still do hope that fpc will provide this one day.

Moreover I do hope for RawWordString, RawDwordString and RawQWordeString.

-Michael