Michael Schnell schrieb:
On 06/25/2013 01:20 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
Michael Schnell schrieb:
Supposedly the length and encoding number and code-bytecount is copied, too.

Please understand reference counted memory objects :-]
Please check this program I tested with a pre-Unicode Delphi.

It shows that (of course) the string length gets copied when assigning a string variable to another and how it is done.

I don't see how this is checked by your code.

After an assignment both strings refer to the same memory, i.e. pchar(s1)=pchar(s2). Everything else indicates an error, somwehere.

DoDi