On Tue, 25 Nov 2014, luiz americo pereira camara wrote:

Hi,

Until now, when i make changes to RTL units in trunk, i take two pathes to test
and compile:

1) If the unit is self contained, i go to source directory and compile directly
2) If the unit is a dependency of other RTL parts, i rebuild all the compiler
and RTL

I tried improve this cycle.

There is no improvement, you are doing it correct.

So after i changed the file fpexprpars, i run "make all" in the fpc source root
dir. Nothing happens

I went to \packages\fcl-base dir and run make PP="my271compilerpath" and i got:

Start compiling package fcl-base for target i386-win32.
       Compiling BuildUnit_fcl_base.pp
[100%] Compiled package fcl-base

But fpexprpars is not recompiled

It should be, unless timestamps are messed up on your system.

Is there any better way to compile and test changes in the RTL?

No. You do what must be done.