>>> 1. Sounds like fpmake doesn't recursively add dependencies? e.g. rtl-objpas should come as dep of fcl-base.

I am not familar at all with fpmake design - if "fcl-base" depends on "rtl-objpas" - does it mean that "rtl-objpas" dependency is exported - i.e. -Fu to "rtl-objpas" will be added if only "fcl-base" dependency is added in fpmake.pp?

I had to add dependency to rtl-objpas in several fpmake instances - even though fcl-base was already there :(