On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Sven Barth <pascaldra...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Yes a compiler intrinsic could handle that. In the end all three syntaxes
> are the same code representation anyway: namely an if-node.
> The IfThen() intrinsic would be fine with me as well. Let's call this our
> common ground ;)

I wonder if replacing Ifthen() inline function, with a common intrinsic
keeps the compatibility.

Just because it is "inline"  in the end, the generated code forced the
proper order of valuation: condition goes first at then the proper
expression.

However, "inline" is just a hint, rather than a rule for the compiler.
And if there's a place, where the function was not inlined, then the
compatibility might break.
... causing to think about a different name.

thanks,
Dmitry