On Sat, 10 Oct 2015, Sven Barth wrote:

Am 10.10.2015 10:51 schrieb "Mark Morgan Lloyd" <
markmll.fpc-de...@telemetry.co.uk>:

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Fri, 9 Oct 2015, Sven Barth wrote:

I'm not sure this kind of semantics is possible with a compiler

intrinsic...

But if it is: In that case the IfThen or IIF() or somesuch has my

absolute top preference, followed by ternary. (and the If .. then
expression should be blasted to hell ;) )

Yes a compiler intrinsic could handle that. In the end all three
syntaxes
are the same code representation anyway: namely an if-node.
The IfThen() intrinsic would be fine with me as well. Let's call this
our
common ground ;)

Agreed !

It would be even better if it could be generalised to evaluate and return
one of any number of expressions.

How do you think that could look like? IfThen() is the wrong intrinsic for
this and for a CaseOf() intrinsic you'd nevertheless need the case labels.
And /then/ I agree with Ralf that it isn't understandable...

I had the same thought. The only case I see applicable is an ordinal.
CaseOf(a, ord(a)=0, ord(a)=1, ord(a)=2...)
Still it seems somewhat convoluted.