On Tue, 12 Apr 2016, Maciej Izak wrote:

I really don't think you should delegate such things to attributes. You
make 2 completely unrelated language constructs suddenly related. A bad
design decision.

I think you are wrong. Attributes are not only dedicated to RTTI just look
at other languages: Delphi, C#, Java. Instead of extending language into
infinity you can use simple attribute with parameter. I don't see any
reason why don't use attributes to describe some compiler/RTL behavior? Any
attribute can be easier placed in many language structures without breaking
language syntax. That is much harder with new keywords.

Maybe that is not ideal but works excellent.

Nono.

You deviate from an important design principle: orthogonality.

By linking 2 concepts, any change in 1 concept risks to influence the other.
This is ALWAYS bad. If you implement things orthogonally, a change in 1
concept does not risk influencing the other.

So you will really, really have to provide better arguments than 'but works
excellent'.