ippcore.lib is just an import library for ippcore.dll. You should not use it for static linking. According to the Intel's site you should use the following libs for static linking:
ippimt.lib ippsmt.lib ippcorelmt.lib
Thank you!

Now I do:
  {$linklib ippcoremt.lib}
function ippGetLibVersion: PIppLibraryVersion; extdecl; external name '_ippGetLibVersion';
But I get error:
ipp.pas(467,0) Error: Invalid DLL .\Intel_IPP\ippcoremt.lib, Dos Header invalid

objdump for "ippcoremt.lib" shows that format is: pe-i386

When I try another:
  {$link .\Intel_IPP\ippcoremt.lib}
function ippGetLibVersion: PIppLibraryVersion; extdecl; external name '_ippGetLibVersion';
Then I get another error:
test_IPP.lpr(24,1) Error: Illegal COFF Magic while reading .\Intel_IPP\ippcoremt.lib

Am I doing something wrong, or there is some kind of incompatibility between format of supplied libraries and object files supported by FPC ? (I am on FPC 2.6.4 , is there chance when I will use 3.0.2 that something changes in this?)

-Laco.