Simon Kissel <simon.kis...@nerdherrschaft.com> schrieb am So., 28. Okt.
2018, 12:30:

> Hi Florian,
>
> > The %gs based approach works only for object files linked statically to
> > the executable. In general there are four TLS access models on linux and
> > at least three of them need to be supported, if one wants to support
> > dyn. libraries in a usefull manner.
>
> Are you talking about being able to create dynlibs in FPC,
> that then are consumed by FPC, and need to be able to support
> exceptions?
>
> I know an approach is needed that FPC benefits from in a generic
> way, but for my case: We don't do that. As long as I am able
> to link against glibc-based stuff, I am fine.

The thing is that we can't enable or disable a feature based on whether a
program links third party libraries or a unit is included in a library or
not, cause we might need to work with precompiled units. So either you'll
need to enable this feature for a locally build FPC amd be aware that you
can't really create libraries then or the feature needs to be implemented
completely.