On 28/10/18 13:00, Simon Kissel wrote:
Hi Jonas,
[exceptions for invalid memory accesses]
have been working a bit on it since then). This is not something that
can be changed/fixed in FPC, and is quite different from how FPC's
current code generator works (I don't know how Embarcardero deals with
it in their LLVM-based code generator).

Someone could do some reverse engineering to learn more
about how they have solved the problem (unlike actually copying
code I don't see any legal or ethical problem in learning from
reversing).

Well, maybe they didn't... Optimizations based on undefined behaviour are a major feature of LLVM.

Jonas