Am 26.10.19 um 16:47 schrieb J. Gareth Moreton:
Hi Florian,

That seems like a fair assessment.  I'll see what I can do, especially as I have a design spec to go by, so maybe there's stuff to salvage and re-implement.

If I recall, there was a similar TODO in the current code and it just got moved, but I'll double-check that.

I've seen 'goto' used a few times in the code but wasn't sure what the policy was on that.  Generally I use a "repeat... until True;" loop with a "Continue;" - is that an okay substitution?

Since you're suggesting more bite-sized chunks, I think the first thing I'll do is overhaul the jump optimisations, since they caused significant improvements in places that are independent of reducing the optimiser passes.

Yes. Those are indeed useful. Make yourself familiar how to do partial commits with TortoiseGit, this works very well: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32527097/can-you-do-partial-commit-in-tortoisegit

In combination with rebasing you can quickly redo the patches to refactor out this part.