Am 27.10.19 um 15:32 schrieb Martok:
cover one single topic. Today, using e.g. TortoiseGit on Windows (sorry,
on Linux there is no tool which comes close) such patches can be
re-arranged without too much hazzle.

Just plain ol' git-gui can also do it. SmartGit is cross-platform and also
pretty nice.

I use SmartGit on linux, but neither SmartGit nor git-gui come close to TortoiseGit for me.

I guess the main difference is whether one prefers side-by-side
diffs or udiffs.

In particular partial commits as well as conflict resolution work much better with TortoiseGit for me.

By the way, many people seem to use git on the client side... I remember there
were talks about moving the main repo to git. What happened to that?

Boring job nobody wants to do?