On 6/9/20 2:55 AM, Christo Crause via fpc-devel wrote:
I will of course submit a patch once I'm satisfied it is good enough.  My concern with the current patch is that a low level flush is called after every write statement, so a simple loop like the following:

for c := 'A' to 'Z" do write(c);

will incur the burden of a low level flush after each iteration.

/me has tons of code that does this... especially with logging specifically to ensure that all the logging is actually written to disk in case of a crash which could result in hundreds of lines of logging data being lost... no problems of any kind noted...