On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 08:51:19 +0000, J. Gareth Moreton via fpc-devel
<fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
> Aah, typical!  C:\Windows\System32 is supposed to be for 32-bit DLLs,
> while C:\Windows\System is 64-bit.  Question is, what can I do to
> resolve it?  I'm not even sure what Common.dll is for.

         SYSTEM32 has 64 bit files on 64 bit Windowsi, 32 bit files go to
 SysWOW64. I'm not sure, what SYSTEM was for. And Windows Virtualises
 access to SYSTEM32 to SysWOW64 for 32 bit programs. I specifically
 tested with 32 and 64 bit Total Commander - they show different content
 for C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory.
        So if the compiler is 32 bit fpc, then actual dll should be
C:\Windows\SysWOW64. And if that is 64 bit dll for some reason, then
that could cause problems.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.pa...@mail.ee