Am 26.11.2020 um 21:48 schrieb J. Gareth Moreton via fpc-devel:
I figured it was something like that.  I'm not sure which installer put it there, or if moving it to the System32 directory will cause something to catastrophically fail!

Given that it seems to just silently ignore the issue of the DLL doesn't exist, would a warning be better for an invalid DLL or should it remain an error?
Good question. I don't know why we have the DLL scanner anyway, considering that it also works without the DLL present...