On October 3, 2023 03:32:34 +0200, "J. Gareth Moreton via fpc-devel"
<fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

Hii Kit,

>This is mainly to Florian, but also to anyone else who can answer the question
>- at which point did a complex LEA instruction (using all three input operands
>and some other specific circumstances) get slow?  Preliminary research
>suggests the 486 was when it gained extra latency, and then Sandy Bridge when
>it got particularly bad.  Icy Lake seems to be the architecture where faster
>LEA instructions are reintroduced, but I'm not sure about AMD processors.

I cannot answer your question, but if you prepare a test program, I can run it
on an Intel 486 DX2 100 Mhz and AMD Athlon 1 GHz machines if it helps you in
any way (at least I hope the 486 DX2 machine should be still able to start ;-)
).

Tomas