To show current progress, the .section .text.n_system.math.vectors$_$tvector3d_$__$$_$plus$tvector3d$tvector3d$$tvector3d,"ax" routine ("class operator TVector3D.+(const aVector1, aVector2: TVector3D): TVector3D;") on x86_64-win64 - before (this performs a component-wise addition of two 4-component vectors... inputs are pointed to by %rdx and %r8, and the result is pointed to by %rcx):

    movss    (%rdx),%xmm0
    addss    (%r8),%xmm0
    movss    %xmm0,(%rcx)
    movss    4(%rdx),%xmm0
    addss    4(%r8),%xmm0
    movss    %xmm0,4(%rcx)
    movss    8(%rdx),%xmm0
    addss    8(%r8),%xmm0
    movss    %xmm0,8(%rcx)
    movss    12(%rdx),%xmm0
    addss    12(%r8),%xmm0
    movss    %xmm0,12(%rcx)
    ret

After:

    movups    (%rdx),%xmm0
    addps    (%r8),%xmm0
    movups    %xmm0,(%rcx)
    ret

(Note that this unit is NOT suitable for 3D graphics because the W-coordinate is treated the same as X, Y and Z rather than being kept at 1, say)

It's not perfect though.  When vectorcall or the System V ABI is concerned, it can produce worse code because of constantly needing to break up the vector to manipulate individual components, and there may be some unnecessary reads and writes between the stack and XMM registers, but I'm working on it, bit by it.

My current branch can be found here: https://gitlab.com/CuriousKit/optimisations/-/commits/ucomplex-x86-vector

Kit