In our previous episode, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho said:

> It seams to me that they only standarize the language itself,
> something which could be done adding a {$Mode ExtPascal} or something.
>
> Having said that, think that Object Pascal as we know it should also
> have a standard.

Such discussions have raged several times. But most good standards are the
result of a multi-vendor effort, usually under the pressure of their
customers. (like the ansi C and POSIX standarization)

Unilateral standards rarely make sense, since the single vendor can deviate
from them at any time, and might not even implement it fully (e.g. OOXML)