2010/10/21 Adem <listmem...@letterboxes.org>:
> On 2010-10-21 23:47, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
>
> This is wrong. If a big change promises significant advantages for FPC
> users, it will be done.
>
> The qualifier 'significant' (above and below) is far too subjective
> sometimes to even have a hope of arriving at a common ground.
>
> But, I'll take my chaces and point at DoDi's alternative parsers proposal.
>
> To me, it does sound like quite a significant advantage.

Oh wow, so you want to change the parser because it "sounds" nice to you?

Seriously, if this work was done more co-operatively with the fpc
team, it may have made it.  But I think it is too ambitious in the
first place.  Some people maintain patch quilts for ages before it
makes it into the kernel, for example.

Henry