Tony Pelton wrote:

it is *everything* that Java is, but better.

i feel like the hobbyist programmer in me has been reborn AND ... i've
actually started to look out into the job market a little, with an eye
towards maybe trying to make a jump from being a Java J2EE web
application developer to making a jump to doing Pascal development for
a day job, if the right opportunity came along.

Yet another lost soul wanders out of the C-Language (C, C++, C#, Java, Python, et. al.) forrest and into the fertile fields of Object Pascal.

You know, in all my years of using Pascal (starting with Turbo 3.01A in 1986) and Object Pascal (starting with Turbo 5.5 in 1989), I have heard this story on more than one occasion. However, I have never heard a story describing the opposite, ie. a person going from Pascal to a C-Language and having the same epiphany. I've tried to make the transition myself on several occasions, but I always end up coming back to Pascal.

Congratulations!

Mark