Currently synpase doesn't working with ssl mode but
if you want to do this in linux environement LibCurl is a good way and do that you want...
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/pascal/

The only problem that it require *.so curl files to provide into your applications.. So i want to find the problem with synapse in SSL mode in order to not install others librairies...