En/na Henry Vermaak ha escrit:

soft float just means that the compiler needs to emulate the floating
point unit if it doesn't exist in your hardware (like some arm
processors).  if you have an fpu, then you don't have to worry about
soft float.  the following assumes that you need soft float in you
compiler.

If this program compiles and works fine:
program floattest;

uses sysutils;
var a,b:double;

begin
a:=0.5;
b:=0.3;
writeln(format('%5.3f',[a*b]));

end.

can I assume that either my compiler has been built with the right options or I have a working fpu? I'm asking because jose original test program fails here, while the above program correctly prints out 0.150

Bye
--
Luca