Luca Olivetti wrote:
En/na Henry Vermaak ha escrit:

i urge you to read this:

http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort
http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/arm/faq.html

i haven't completely read it (hence i can't answer your questions that
well, sorry).

I'm wondering if my strange problems are due to a badly built compiler and/or rtl.
you did not mention a third possibility: the compiler itself has some serious issues. See the various bug reports in the mantis bug tracker.

I know for sure that my kernel (that I cannot upgrade at the moment) supports OABI and has EABI badly patched in (i.e, it doesn't work 100%), everything else should be OABI (debian arm, not armel). To build 2.1.4 I used a binary snapshot of 2.1.3 (ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/beta/2.1.2/arm-linux/) and did not specify any special option while building, so, what convention is my compiler/rtl using? Is it possible that it's generating EABI and hitting sometimes the special cases that don't work in my kernel? In that case, how should I rebuild it in order to generate OABI code?

I guess that fpc does not care about OABI/EABI. The compiler ether generates fpu opcodes or not (when floating point is used). This depends on the -CfSOFT option while building the compiler/rtl.

Perhaps one of the developer can confirm or deny this. Thanks.

Regards, Bernd.