On 04/07/07, josepascual <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi henry et all,

I have a little confused, Could you or someone help me with some question?

I have a ARM920T (without fpu, kernel OABI) .
Which version of gcc are you using 3.4.1? 4.1.2?

4.1.1 (this is the first gcc that supports eabi).

Which libc version? (2.3.2 2.3.6)

2.3.90.

Is your gcc for EABI?

yes.

Have you used same crosstools to generate fpc 2.3.1 libraries and to
compiling your final freepascal programs?

yes.

Can I Use a FPC for ARM (cross or not) with softfloat option for arm kernel
EABI and not EABI (OABI)?

i dunno.  only kernel 2.6.16 onwards support eabi, afaik, and the two
aren't compatible, although you might be able to make it work if you
know which settings to change in i_linux.pas, but i think it's not
that simple.

i know that ld have complained about linking my fpc programs with
libraries, but i suspect that's an interworking-related thing.
luckily ld does have some options to control this.

any fpc developer care to comment?

What Freepascal only use from ARM binutils? (as, ld, ar, ranlib, ... Whats
()? (gcc is not necesary,  is it?)

only as and ld, i think?

i urge you to read this:

http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort
http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/arm/faq.html

i haven't completely read it (hence i can't answer your questions that
well, sorry).

henry