On 10/26/07, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 10/26/07, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 10/26/07, Krishna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > How do you map the C++ API? by hand? Is it possible to tailor the
> > > "Direct class wrapper"
> > > (http://milan.marusinec.sk/articles-icu4pas/icu4pas-dcw.html) approach
> > > to ARM?
>
> Actually they seam to also be relying on the calling convention and on
> specific compiler information, which wouldnt work for symbian because
> they use several different compilers and also they dont guarantee
> binary compatibility between different sdk and os versions.

In the SDK that I installed with Carbide I remember seeing binutils
and friends. So I suppose that a GCC cross compiler is being used for
building the code which means g++ is a supported compiler. Now,
assuming that the symbian os itself is built using another compiler
and the fact that g++ is binary compatible with the abi means that a
bridge to g++ should be compatible with the binaries of other
compilers. No?

Don't compilers conform to the standard c++ abi for the ARM?
(http://www.arm.com/pdfs/cppabi.pdf)

Another thing, the code produced for the winemulator target is x86
code or arm code?

Cheers,
-Krishna
p.s: I'm completely new to this so pardon my ignorance.
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an imaginary part
  -Andrew Koenig