I'm not sure what anyone can do for you except for trying to debug the problem themselves. strace (or rather ktrace under Mac OS X 10.4.x, and dtruss under Mac OS X 10.5.x) won't help at all if you indeed deleted all units. You can also just as well look in the output of that as anyone else to see where the units are coming from.

The .ppu file is deleted *before* the compilation to make sure next compilation would build from source. I still kept .ppu files from the last compilation.

I got 2 binaries. One is an old binary that works. One is a new binary that is compiled from SVN that doesn't work. Using dtruss, I could see everything goes well with the old binary. While with the new binary, I saw lots of #ERR-? especially related to threading (sigxxx). Well, actually I don't quite understand how to read dtruss output, so I was just guessing based on "readable" text of it. :-D

-Bee-