Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho writes:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/FPSpreadsheet

Finally got started on this project.
I am a little confused on the functionality of the unit excel2utils;
I created a file with the exact code from the site, dropped it in the same directory as fpspreadsheet.pas and was able to create the test.xls file.

What is the purpose of the excel2utils file?
Why isn't the excel2utils in the SVN repository so one gets it with the SVN pull?

I was able to run the sample on the site and create a test.xls.
However, when I tried the examples/excel5demo/excel5demo.lpr one I got it to compile and it runs without error, but no file is created.

Given that I need sheets I pretty much need the xlsbiff5 format and not the simple 2.1 method on the website.. Is that a true statement?