Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho writes:

completely obsolete, and I just kept it in the website because I still
haven't written docs for the new version. I would recommend against
using it.

Gotcha.

In which operating system did you run it? Excel 5 needs the generation
of a OLE documented.

OpenSuse 10.3

Yes, this is a true statement. OOXML and OpenDocument would also work,
but you will need to improve support for them in fpspreadsheet.

What do you mean by by that?
Tried
WriteToFile('test.ods', sfOpenDocument)

and got

An unhandled exception occurred at $000000000045FB83 :
Exception : Unsuported spreadsheet format.
 $000000000045FB83
 $000000000045FC02
 $000000000040032B

Which formats currently work under Linux?

Is there a list for discussing  unit or this is the best place?

Tried replacing the xlsbiff5 unit with fpsopendocument
and instead of creating a file I got a directory with .xml files.

Thanks for all your help!!