On 28 Oct 2008, at 14:55, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

nd like I said, 7zip allows a single file to be unpacked from a solid
archive. No need to unpack everything. I have verified that with Total
Commander (TC) and the 7-zip plugin, otherwise 7-zip will not be an
option for a help system.  With TC I can browse a 7z solid archive and
view a single file and all that lies in the temp directory is the
single file I am viewing.

You do have to decompress everything in the archive coming before it (but nothing forces you, or TC, to store the decompressed but undesired data to disk, obviously).

Jonas