At 11:38 28/10/2008, you wrote:
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Eduardo Morras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In fact deflate/zip is 18-19 years old and there are lot of better
> compression algorithm, like LZX. I think there is one implemented in Pascal
> (ABC if memory don't fails).

I'm still trying to find a compression algorithm that beats whatever
7-zip uses. The results are by magnitudes smaller than any other
compression algorithm I have seen.

Well, there are some ones. There is the PAQ family that are the best now. Of course they are research compressors mostly written in C++ but they exist. There is a freepascal/lazarus app that implements a GUI for this and other algorithms, at http://peazip.sourceforge.net/ (i'm not the developer).

HTH