On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 6:34 AM, Andrew Haines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just checked out fpwm and updated it and fpgui locally so it can compile.
> It does almost nothing atm but can reparent and close windows :) not alot. I
> was thinking I might write a widget for resizing and moving windows.
> Currently the window "title bar" is a Label and a Button that has an "X" for
> it's text and stdimg.quit as the image.  I might work on it some in the
> coming week if I can find the time.

Umm... I have though of trying my hand at the X11 tutorial on creating
a simply window manager, but never got around to it. The last time
(years ago) when I tried to compile 'fpwm', I managed to get it to
compile, but didn't know how to test/run it.

Could you give some hints on the latter, or is there a readme file in
the fpwm project that explains this?  How do I temporarily test a new
window manager? I'm using Ubuntu, and have quite a few window managers
available from GDM (sessions menu), but I have no idea how those
options got there, or how to add my own. :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -