2009/10/31 Juha Manninen <juha.manni...@phnet.fi>:
> It is strange because there are conditional compilation IFDEFs for FPC.
> Why to include them if the code doesn't compile anyway?

Just because there are IFDEFs doesn't mean it's complete. It is
probably work in progress, but far from complete by the sounds of
things - I don't really know JCL code.

> Ugly code I would say. Too many conditionals and dependencies.

That's what you get if you don't use a compiler that is designed to be
cross-platform. FPC with RTL, FCL and Lazarus LCL was designed to be
cross-platform so IFDEFs like that are much less required.

I would suggest that if there is something specific you needed from
JCL, then only rip that portion out and port that to FPC - that's if
FPC doesn't already include similar functionality in the FCL.

> I could try to strip JclCompression unit so that only the essence or "real

Which compression algorithm are you looking for. I think I saw
compression algorithm code in FCL before. gzip is definitely there

  - Graeme -