using my system you can retrieve the text by a typecast

mytag.first;
mytag.findofclass(TXMLText); <- will stop the search at the first
object of specified class
If mytag.child is TXMLText Then <- to guarantee that we have found something
  WriteLn((mytag.child as TXMLText).Content); <- will print the
contents of the text

or if you know the text position between the child tags

writeln((mytag.childs[0] As TXMLText).Content);

but this is a way quite harder than a simple

WriteLn(mytag.properties['ip']); <- will return the property or '' if
not set (the object constructor can setup defaults)

thats why i prefer tag properties instead of xml text...

later you can save the objects with

Var F : Text;
Begin
  Assign(F, 'myfile.xml');