On 29 April 2010 14:48, Michael Van Canneyt <mich...@freepascal.org> wrote:

> As far as I remember, this was one of the key strengths of the Pascal
> Language: that parsing is possible using a single lookahead token.
> (it makes for faster parsing)

And because of that age old statement, we now have to live with
inconsistent syntax. I'd rather vote for consistent syntax compared to
loosing a millisecond here and there while parsing.

The 'Hint Directive' syntax is so bad that it couldn't even be
described in the documentation via the syntax diagrams (Language
Reference - section 1.5). That says a lot.

  - Graeme -